compensation: $85,000 per year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking a Manager for our growing Assurance and Accounting team. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Assurance and Accounting team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Lead multiple client facing engagement teams
• Responsible for the completion of audits, compliance tax engagements, budgeting, internal controls, financial and accounting transactions
• Deliver industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high quality deliverables
• Manage project financials (budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition)
• Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
• Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
• Contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
• Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
• Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
• Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks
• Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
• 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles.
• Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting.
• Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Some travel may be required.
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
• Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contribute to effective leadership and optimal business relationships.
• Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle.
• Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences.
• Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others.
• Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction.
• Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making.
• Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team.
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
The annual wage for the position is $85,000 based on a 40 hour work week. MNP’s office is located at Suite 201 - 4630 Lazelle Avenue, Terrace, BC V8G 1S6.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
When applying, please submit your cover letter, resume and other applicable forms in 1 document. Please apply through our careers page at: mnp.ca.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers