Brandt is currently seeking a Design Engineer located in Nisku, AB. This position is responsible for the design and development of new products through research and development as well as improving existing products.
QR Code Link to This Post
•Contributes on research and development projects, carries out assigned responsibilities in a timely, diligent, safe and professional manner.
•Conducts meetings and studies to understand markets conditions, geographic variances and customer requirements during the product development process in pursuit of product design excellence.
•Ensures quality in a products design for usability, reliability, functionality, marketability and manufacturability.
•Leads product design verification and validation to satisfy product and customer requirements.
•Meet with customers to identify needs, develop and present solutions to meet those needs. This includes all aspects of product design criteria, product function.
•Work closely with engineering, sales and customers to provide innovative and productive solutions.
•Provide feasibility, concepts, technical, costing and pricing information to management on new products.
•Supports Brandt’s intellectual property. Document data and unique ideas for patentability.
•Design and detail new product development using 3D CAD.
•Gather requirements in the field. This may take the form of measurements, understanding loading scenarios, and unique customer requirements.
•Have a positive and professional appearance and attitude towards work and provide leadership to create a good working environment for others.
•Highly motivated and self-disciplined with excellent organizational skills.
•Business travel may be required.
•Engineer or Technologist with minimum 5 years of experience (preferred 10 years’ of experience) in mechanical and equipment design.
•Extensive capabilities in Inventor, SolidWorks or other 3D CAD systems.
•Professional interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
•Ability to work independently with good judgment skills.
•Proven knowledge of Construction and Forestry Equipment which include but not limited to Hydraulic Excavators, Wheel Loaders, Track Dozers, and Motor Graders and direct experience with mining equipment would be an asset.
•Demonstrated experience with the design of Construction and Forestry attachments and Machine Guarding.
• Mechanical Engineering degree or Mechanical Engineering technology certificate.
• 2+ years of direct work experience.
• Proficiency with SolidWorks is preferred.
• Meticulous attention to detail; strong mechanical background with focus on machine design preferred.
• Experience with steel fabrication, manufacturing processes, machine design and machining methods, including material selection, welding processes and machined component design.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Practical experience with product development and testing.
• Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
• Familiar with mechanical and hydraulic systems.
• Familiar with ERP systems and lean manufacturing processes are considered an asset.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
The Brandt Croup of Companies is Saskatchewan’s largest privately held company and a Platinum member of the Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies Program. Find out more about our exciting career opportunities at www.brandtjobs.com.
To apply for this position please visit www.brandtjobs.com and enter the tracking code 2638-046 into the search field of the Job Opportunities page.