Regular Full Time (37.50 hours per week)
ABOUT BROADMEAD CARE
Broadmead Care is a vibrant non-profit health care provider in beautiful Victoria, BC with a reputation for high quality, innovation and leading practices. We are funded by Island Health, Veterans Affairs Canada, BC Housing, and philanthropy to provide a range of services including Long Term Care and adult day programs for Veterans and seniors, and Specialized Long Term Care for adults with disabilities.
The staff and volunteers at Broadmead Care share a common Purpose: to build communities where every person can experience wellbeing and happiness. Our commitment is to provide compassionate care that opens the door for extraordinary relationships to flourish that help residents experience a sense of belonging, respect and acceptance and to enjoy life.
Under the direction of the Home Manager, or in the absence of the Home Manager, this position will assume responsibility for the care and well-being of residents in the home. This position is responsible for coordinating and supervising others who deliver direct resident care (RNs/RPNs will collaborate with Licensed Practical Nurses as per the “Collaborative Role of RNs/RPNs and LPNs” as set forth by the BCCNM). This position may involve direct resident care and the nurse at this level will also have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduation from a recognized program for Registered Nurses or Registered Psychiatric Nurses. Current practicing registration with the BCCNM.
• Demonstrated leadership ability in complex care with comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care.
• Maturity and good physical and mental health, empathy, patience and tact are important qualities to possess.
• Seeks out opportunities to maintain competency and continued learning.
• Post RN/RPN education in Gerontology and three (3 - 5) years relevant experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ensures care provided complies with all relevant legislation and regulations including the Community Care Facilities Residential Care Regulations. Completes Licensing Reports and acts as the Facility Manager on the Facility License in the absence of the Site Manager.
• Administration of medications and functional assessments as required. Collaboration with physicians.
• Review and Process physician orders as required. Clinical care planning, reviews and modifications. Assess resident’s needs on a regular basis and modifies individual Care Plan accordingly as required.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of care and inform healthcare team of significant changes. Recommend and implement changes to the care plan.
• Monitor all aspects of nursing care to the residents. Responsible for the organization and direction of RN’s, LPN’s, and HCW’s.
• Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, residents’ families, visitors and other staff members and responds to family complaints and concerns as required.
• Administers a sound personnel program including effective procedures for recruitment, orientation, supervision, education and evaluation of staff in collaboration with Human Resources.
• Participates on facility/society committee(s), i.e. Nursing Practice, Quality Assurance Committees, M.S.A.C, Labor Management and Bargaining Committees.
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment
Broadmead Care offers an excellent compensation package including a defined benefit pension plan with pension transfer agreements in place and a comprehensive group insurance plan. To express your interest in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter by response to this posting by October 11, 2021. Subject line in email should read: 2021-118 Care Mgr RFT BCS. For questions related to the position please contact Melanie Hennig, Vice President, Care & Community Programs at show contact info
. To learn more about Broadmead Care and for a detailed job
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers