Director Clinical Practice
Regular Full Time (37.50 hours per week)
ABOUT BROADMEAD CARE
Broadmead Care is a vibrant non-profit health care provider in beautiful Victoria, BC with a reputation for high quality, innovation and leading practices. We are funded by Island Health, Veterans Affairs Canada, BC Housing, and philanthropy to provide a range of services including Long Term Care and adult day programs for Veterans and seniors, and Specialized Long Term Care for adults with disabilities.
The staff and volunteers at Broadmead Care share a common Purpose: to build communities where every person can experience wellbeing and happiness. Our commitment is to provide compassionate care that opens the door for extraordinary relationships to flourish that help residents experience a sense of belonging, respect and acceptance and to enjoy life.
The Director, Clinical Best Practices is a Senior Leadership role that leads the development, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of clinical best practices across all care homes and clinical programs to support the best quality of life possible for residents and clients.
The Director, Clinical Best Practices is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all clinical systems related to care practices across Broadmead Care. The Director will provide a best practice clinical program of care that results in top quartile CIHI clinical outcomes which supports communities where people experience wellbeing and happiness. Outcome measures include CIHI indicators, Broadmead Care’s Indicator Dashboard, Accreditation Canada ROPs and audit and survey results.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited post secondary institution;
• 10 years’ recent experience in a long term care setting, including a minimum of 3 years at the supervisory/management level;
• Master’s level of education preferred;
• Eligibility for registration with British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) is required;
• CNA Gerontological Nursing Certificate preferred;
• Valid B.C. Driver’s License
• physical ability to carry out all functions of the position;
• must be eligible to work with vulnerable adults under the BC Criminal Records Review Program;
• valid Criminal Records Check completed by the Criminal Record Review Program;
• must demonstrate a personality, ability and temperament necessary to manage or work with persons in care
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment
Broadmead Care offers an excellent compensation package including a defined benefit pension plan with pension transfer agreements in place and a comprehensive group insurance plan. To express your interest in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter by response to this advertisement before October 11, 2021. Subject line in email should read: 2021-117 Director Clinical Best Practice. For questions related to the position please contact Melanie Hennig, Vice President, Care & Community Programs at show contact info
. To learn more about Broadmead Care and for a detailed job description please visit our website at www.broadmeadcare.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers