QR Code Link to This Post
Profire Energy is a leading provider in combustion management and chemical injection solutions in the oil and gas industry. For over a decade, we have specialized in providing unparalleled service coupled with industry standard products resulting in a complete solution. We stand by our products as they serve our customers and fulfill our three-fold mission of saving lives, saving money, and saving the environment.
We are looking for an Instrumentation, Electronic or Electrical Technologist, preferably with drafting skills, to join our Project Engineering Management team in Acheson, AB. As many of our systems are used in safety critical applications, detail-oriented designs, drawings and documentation are important. We currently have a junior/intermediate level position available depending on skill and experience level.
SOME OF OUR JOB BENEFITS
- Health and dental benefits.
- Group RRSP with employer matching.
- Fantastic company gym complete with golf simulator.
- Make a difference! You’ll be part of a tight-knit team.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO
- Work closely with Profire’s Sales Team, Service Team, and customers.
- Gain an operational understanding of customer’s Process & Heater Appliance, on a per project basis.
- Design electrical interface between Profire’s Burner Management System and customer’s Process & Heater Appliance.
- Ensure that Natural Gas fuel valve train and instrumentation designs are compliant with applicable Gas Codes and Electrical Codes.
- Design Network Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams, Electrical Cabinets & Back Panel Layouts.
- Create supporting documentation for engineering projects, including Control Narratives, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Instrument Index’s, Document & Drawing Logs, Label Lists, etc.
- Configure the operational set up of Burner Management Systems.
- Occasional drafting of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), and Layout Drawings of racks, piping, valves & instruments.
- Occasional commissioning, start-up, and customer training of Natural Gas Heater appliances, at customer’s industrial site.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Diploma in Instrumentation, Electronic or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Preference will be given to an Engineering Technologist with experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, and with drafting skills.
- High attention to detail.
- A self-starter that can work independently and work as a team with other departments.
- Coachability and a strong desire to learn.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with (or capable of learning) AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is an asset.
- Knowledge of Gas Codes (B149.3, NFPA87, etc.) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Natural Gas regulators, valves and instrumentation is an asset.
- Knowledge of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) is an asset.
- Knowledge of PLC and DCS systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of Electrical Code is an asset.
- Knowledge of measurement equipment and associated tolerances is an asset.
- Oil & Gas Industrial Plant/Site experience is an asset.
- Certifications in Safety Orientation, WHMIS 2015, First Aid and/or H2S Alive is an asset.
- Occasional travel in Canada and USA.