compensation: Full-time, Permanent employment type: full-time relocation assistance available
QR Code Link to This Post
Whistler Therapeutics is a medically focused cannabis cultivator and processor. We possess cultivation, research, and analytical testing licenses from Health Canada at our locations in Lillooet, BC. We have a 10-acre farm with a standard cultivation license and are looking for someone with experience in the management of a regulated cannabis company to oversee our quality management system and ensure it remains compliant in accordance to the Cannabis Act. The role requires a flexible and adaptable personality as changes to regulations are common and our practices evolve as new research takes place. This is a great opportunity to grow within a nimble company focused on research, leading the way in a nascent industry in establishing best practices related to creation of cannabis-based products. The ideal candidate would be able to self-motivate, self-manage, lead teams, train staff on new procedures, and maintain the quality systems implemented.
Job Description: Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Compliance, Research and Development
Compensation: Salary (80k+) with Bonus and the ability to participate in the company’s stock option plan
Benefits: Comprehensive health insurance after the probationary period of 3 months. Ski/Recreation Pass.
Terms of employment: Full Time
Location of Employment: Lillooet, BC with travel required to Vancouver, Whistler, and Pemberton BC.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of all QA & QC related procedures ensuring quality, efficiency, and compliance.
- Develop and maintain standard procedures while maintaining current knowledge of best practices as per Good - - Production Practices and Good Agricultural Practices.
- Work with the rest of the management team to develop and implement strong operational procedures covering cultivation, processing, and analytical testing.
- Continually investigate and evaluate existing systems and processes.
- Ensure that Good Production Practices and Good Agricultural Practices are followed at all times at the cultivation site.
- Perform audits and reviews of executed Batch Production Records while ensuring documentation is both complete and compliant to Cannabis Regulations and other associated regulations.
- Develop and perform internal audits regularly
- Responsible for complaint investigations, change controls, deviations and CAPAs.
- Communicate with and advise respective department managers regarding complaint investigations, change controls, deviations and non-conformance issues found with associated CAPA implementation.
- Stay current with Regulatory changes relevant to cannabis production and products.
- Be a designate for CTLS Inventory Monthly Reports
- Oversee Approved Inputs as per the Canadian Organics Standards for cultivation initially.
- Create reports for organic certification bodies as necessary.
- Meet and communicate with organic certifying body organic verification officers pre, during and post annual inspections.
- Assist with hiring of quality-related staff and work with HR as necessary
- University/College Or equivalent professional experience working in natural sciences (e.g. chemistry, biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical or food sciences).
- Previous leadership experience (2-5 years) in quality assurance, quality control or compliance in a regulated industry.
- Analytical, organized, and a strong communicator with a proven ability to effectively explain scientific information in simple terms.
- Excellent communication skills; critical thinking skills; assessment skills and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite, and Adobe proficient.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a Health Canada Security Clearance.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- High level of professionalism.
Please email cover letter and resume
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers