compensation: To be negotiated employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Central Painting a National Contractor is looking for a full-time painter, both a motivated self-starter and a skilled worker. Painters must be experienced in painting activities at various sites for industrial, commercial or institutional using equipment, and machinery to complete job. A skilled painter must have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to read Blue Prints and Sketches are an asset to this position.
The Commercial Painter will work to the plan and schedule set out by the onsite Central Painting Supervisor. This full-time Painter will also perform work within the estimated time, cost and materials for the painting projects. Knowledge of the following painting operations and methods: scaffolding and rigging, ladder work, elevated work platform, color blending and matching.
Assignments are received in the form of brief verbal communication and written work orders and must frequently be supplemented by consultation with Onsite Central Painting Supervisor or the Operations Manager regarding color schemes desired. Work is performed under general direction of an Operation Management or the Site Supervisor in a full-time capacity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Brush and Roll Painting, airless spray painting, elevated platform work, swing stage work (with proper training).
• Inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure that it meets required standards.
• Communicate with Supervisor on task at hand progress.
• Participates in mixing paints and matching colors; inspects surfaces for cleanliness and readiness for painting; inspects equipment; buildings, or other structures reported to be in need of painting.
• Discusses painting needs and color matching problems with Supervisor; monitors equipment use and job box material.
• Requisitions supplies and equipment with onsite supervisor; reports any and all safety issues to direct supervisor
• Ensures site safety, scissor lift inspections prior to use, participates in weekly safety talks.
• Performs related work as required, maintenance on equipment, and ensures site cleanup.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduation from a standard high school or vocational school with 3 years of related experience as a commercial painter, and any equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Must have the following safety tickets; WHIMIS, Fall Arrest / Working at Heights, Elevated Platform
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, materials, methods, and equipment of the painting trade necessary to execute a top-level painting project. Considerable knowledge of various surfacing materials, methods or preparing surfaces for finishing, proper methods of mixing paints to obtain desired colors and qualities, and of the weather and wear resistance qualities of paints and other finishing materials.
• Considerable knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the work.
• Ability to successfully manage hazardous waste. Considerable knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the work.
• Ability to successfully administer various large and small contacts. Ability to make estimates for materials and time requirements for a given tasks.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees.
• Skill in applying paints and other finishes by brush and spray equipment, in mixing paints, and in matching and blending colors
• Shift work - Full Time, Part-Time
• Physical ability to lift up to 75lb.
• Car and a driving licence is a must
• Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
• Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
• Overtime as required.
• Hazards associated with the trade.
• Work both indoors and outdoors.
• Noisy with fumes.
• Long hours which may entail day or night shifts with full-time hours
• Prolonged standing, walking, lifting, squatting and bending.
• May perform work in adverse weather conditions including heat, cold and inclement weather.
• Customer Focus
• Energy & Stress
• Team Work
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Operating Equipment
• Ethics and Integrity
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers