The Works International Visual Arts Society presents The Works Art & Design Festival: 13 days of art and design exhibits, special events, music, workshops, and family programming. Attracting artists, designers and visitors from all around the world, this city-wide event boosts the energy and imagination of downtown Edmonton at the start of every summer. Free to the public, The Works strives to create barrier free access to art and design. The festival dates are June 20 to July 2, 2019.
QR Code Link to This Post
Assist with set up and running special events during The Works Art & Design Festival, including artist receptions, artist talks, performances, workshops, lectures, and parties. In some cases, help market and promote the event beforehand. Work closely with staff and get an inside look at how The Works special events come together.
Some skills required:
• Ability to work in all weather conditions
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in event management/event delivery is an asset
ProServe is an asset, but not required.
• Invitation to The Works volunteer appreciation party
• Free admission to some year-round events
• A complimentary volunteer t-shirt
• Several chances to win prizes
• Summer fun and a deep dive into Edmonton’s art scene
Applicants must submit a Volunteer Application Form, found at http://www.theworks.ab.ca/festival-positions
To apply, email show contact info